Stan Lee was the famous editor in chief/writer for Marvel comics for decades. He and his partners created characters such as the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, and Spider-Man. He also famously made cameos in many Marvel movies (as Uatu the Watcher). It’s pretty easy to put together a Stan Lee costume, which you can use a the next comic-con/Marvel movie release/etc.
The first step would be to grab a grandpa style wig and moustache to replicate his hairstyle.
Next put on a fake moustache (or grow one). You might need some spirt gum to keep it attached.
- Mustaches Fake Mustache, Self Adhesive
- amscan 840999 Gray Old Man and Eyebrows Set
- Gentleman Moustache LIGHT GREY
No Stan Lee costume would be complete without his iconic sunglasses. Most likely he wore Cartier Vendome sunglasses but I think you could get most sunglasses. We’re just trying to mimic the look. Not to mention vintage Vendomes can be very hard to find. You might have something that works already or check your local thrift store/dollar store.
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Men’s KC2843
- Pro Acme Classic Polarized Aviator Sunglasses for Men and Women UV400 Protection
- SOJOS Classic Aviator Polarized Sunglasses for Men Women Vintage Retro Style SJ1054
- SUNGAIT Men’s Military Style Polarized Pilot Aviator Sunglasses Bayonet Temples
- Cole Haan Men’s CH8002SM
Clothes probably don’t matter too much but Stan seemed to prefer a v-neck sweater layered over a button up/dress shirt. So first grab a button up/dress shirt.
- Dockers Men’s Long Sleeve Signature Comfort Flex Shirt
- Amazon Essentials Men’s Slim-fit Long-Sleeve Solid Oxford Shirt
- Amazon Brand – Goodthreads Men’s “The Perfect Oxford Shirt” Slim-Fit Long-Sleeve Solid Shirt
- Lee Uniforms Men’s Long Sleeve Oxford Shirt
- Arrow 1851 Men’s Dress Shirt Poplin
Top it with a v-neck sweater. I don’t think color matters too much.
- Amazon Essentials Men’s V-Neck Sweater
- Amazon Essentials Men’s Midweight V-Neck Cotton Sweater
- Perry Ellis Men’s Classic Solid V-Neck Sweater
- find. Men’s Cotton V-Neck Sweater
Slip on a pair of tan colored khakis/chinos. Stan didn’t seem to be a slim fit kind of guy but it’s just a Stan Lee costume so work with what you got.
- Dockers Men’s Straight Fit Signature Lux Cotton Stretch Khaki Pant
- Amazon Essentials Men’s Classic-fit Wrinkle-Resistant Flat-Front Chino Pant
- Haggar Men’s Premium No Iron Khaki Classic Fit Expandable Waist Flat Front Pant
- Amazon Essentials Men’s Relaxed-Fit Casual Stretch Khaki
If you decide to omit the v-neck sweater I would just tuck the shirt into the pants and throw on a black belt.
- Columbia Men’s Classic Logo Belt – Casual Dress with Single Prong Buckle for Jeans Khakis
- Timberland Men’s Classic Leather Jean Belt
- Marino’s Men Genuine Leather Dress Belt with Single Prong Buckle
Just toss on some comfortable shoes to finish off the look.
- Reebok Men’s Classic Renaissance Ripple Sneaker
- adidas Hoops 2.0 K Sneaker
- adidas Men’s Entrap Basketball Shoe
Now you’re rocking the Stan Lee costume. Nuff said!