Ash Williams is the Hero of the Evil Dead / Army of Darkness movies / TV Show. You can find him working at the S-mart when he’s not battling the forces of evil or possessed loved ones in a cabin in the woods. Would be a great Halloween costume but would work equally as well at your local Rennfest.
First grab yourself a blue colored work shirt although honestly I think any blue button up would work. If you want you can rip off a sleeve, cut the shirt up, or distress it to get that battle worn look.
- Dickies Men’s Long-Sleeve Work Shirt – $21
- Wrangler Men’s Authentic Cowboy Cut Work Western Long-Sleeve Shirt – $29
- Coofandy Men’s Fashion Dress Shirt Long Sleeve Button Down Casual Shirts – $23
- Dickies Men’s Long Sleeve Shirt – $23
- Dickies Men’s Mitered Pockets Industrial Poplin Work Shirt – $24.66
- Key Apparel Men’s Pre-Washed Blue Chambray Work Shirt, Long Sleeve – $23
- Red Kap Men’s Wrinkle Resistant Work Shirt – $20.33
- Dickies Men’s Long-Sleeve Denim Shirt – $25
Next slip on a pair of brown pants. I think work pants, chinos, or corduroys would work. Most important thing is the color.
- Dickies Men’s Original 874 Work Pant – $24.77
- Lee Men’s Comfort Waist Custom Straight Fit Flat Front Pant – $24.90
- Red Kap Men’s Work Pant – $20.15
- Dockers Men’s Comfort Khaki Stretch Relaxed-Fit Flat-Front Pant – $37
- Kirkland Signature Men’s 5-Pocket Corduroy Pant, Nut – $28.13
Make sure your pants stay on by wearing a dark brown belt.
- Timberland Men’s Classic Jean Belt – $20
- Columbia Men’s Trinity 35mm Feather Edge Belt – $15
- Dockers Men’s 38mm Leather Bridle Belt – $22
- Columbia Men’s 40mm Oil Tan Leather Belt – $20
- Timberland Men’s 40mm Leather Belt – $20
- Wolverine Men’s Double Topstitched Leather Belt Roller Buckle – $13
Throw on a pair of brown boots although any old pair of dark shoes would work in a pinch.
- London Fog Mens Broadstreet Chukka Boot – $40
- Polar JONAH MPX808567 – $30
- IZOD Men’s Cally Chukka Boot – $40.09
- Kenneth Cole Unlisted Men’s Trail Mix Chukka Boot – $45
- Crevo Men’s Buck Fashion Boot – $70
- Teva Men’s Mason Leather Casual Boot – $77.91
Ash has a custom harness for holding his shotgun aka the boomstick. You could probably make one with some D-rings and leather/nylon straps but I would just toss on a gun holster and a shotgun scabbard to save time.
- Amscan Boys Adult Roaring ’20s Costume Party Gun Holster (1 Piece), Black, One Size – $8
- Rubie’s Costume Shoulder Holster Costume – $10
- VISM by NcStar Ambidextrous Horizontal Shoulder Holster with Double Magazine Holder, Black – $11
- Deluxe Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster – $14.43
- Red Rock Outdoor Gear Molle Shotgun Scabbard – $21.72
- VISM by NcStar Tactical Shotgun Scabbard – $23.81
- Condor Shotgun Scabbard – $25.17
- Colt CT394 Tactical Shotgun Scabbard – $18.11
Might want to bring a boomstick along.
- Maxx Action 30″ Toy Pump Action Shotgun with Electronic Sound and Ejecting Shells – $17
- Maxx Action 30″ Toy Over/Under Shotgun with Electronic Sound and Ejecting Shells – $20.67
- Smok’N Barrel Shotgun – $30
- BBTac BT-M47 Sawed-Off Style Spring Shotgun, Black – $36
Ash uses a red Homelite XL chainsaw and eventually replaces his arm with it. If you can modify it so it actually looks like an arm attachment that would be awesome but I don’t think it would be necessary.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D Chainsaw with Sound – $19.38
- Leatherface Chainsaw – $12.71
- Chainsaw Lighted Halloween Prop Lights Up Texas Massacre – $54
Totally optional but it could be fun to carry around your own copy of the Necronomicon (Book of the Dead). There’s a replica prop available or you can pick up one of the limited edition DVDs that have packaging shaped like the book.
- Evil Dead 2 Book Of The Dead / Necronomicon Prop – $74.85
- The Evil Dead (Book Of The Dead Limited Edition) (1983) – $48.45
- The Evil Dead 2 (Book Of The Dead 2 Limited Edition) (1987) – $53.26
- Evil Dead Anthology [Blu-ray] – $116
- Evil Dead 2 Book Of The Dead Prop by Trick Or Treat Studios – $158
- Army of Darkness Necronomicon Journal – $19
Don’t forget to spit out catchy one-liners throughout the night. Some examples:
- Hail to the king, baby!
- Good. Bad. I’m the guy with the gun.
- Come get some!